During a dental emergency, it’s best to have the knowledge you need to properly and effectively handle the situation as well as care for your smile. This is why our dentist, Dr. Greg Sefcik, encourages you to know all about dental emergencies. To test your dental emergency knowledge, and maybe even teach you something new, he recommends taking the following dental emergency test:
1. True or False: If you suffer a knocked-out tooth, it’s important to keep the tooth alive by placing it in a cup of milk, between your cheek and gums or in a tooth-preservation product.
2. True or False: If you knock a tooth out of place, you need to schedule an emergency appointment immediately to increase your chances of saving the tooth.
3. True or False: If you break a tooth, it’s best to collect the pieces and schedule an appointment.
4. True or False: If you suffer severe dental pain, it’s not a dental emergency. Just ignore it.
5. True or False: If you have a loose tooth, there is no need to worry or schedule an appointment. Adults have loose teeth often.
4. B (It is a dental emergency and you should schedule an appointment as soon as possible)
5. B (Loose teeth are not common and they should be treated immediately)
For more information and details about dental emergencies in Westminster, Colorado, please contact Lighthouse Dental when you have the chance. Our dental team is here to help you in any way we can, even if it’s just by answering your questions, so call 303-657-9000 now!